ONCE FALLEN’S RESOURCE LINKS PAGE
INTRO & DISCLAIMERS: If you have come to this “Resource Links Page” from other websites, then visit the main page for more details about various sex offender laws and issues. The links on this page offer various services not otherwise offered by Once Fallen or offer supplemental services.
NOTE: These links are for reference only and does not imply any degree of endorsement of the other websites nor any form of cooperation with Once Fallen and affiliated websites. OnceFallen is an independent site and is not connected to any other organiztion.
Also, because many websites become outdated, hacked, or eliminated, as well as new sites created, I am not responsible for the content of these links. If you find a problem with any of these links, or you have a website that you want added to your website, please send me an email at email@example.com and I will review this response and add or remove site links as necessary.
NOTICE: Inclusion of a website on Once Fallen is at the discretion of the owner of this site. We strive to give exposure to other organizations. However, Once Fallen is an independent agency and beholden to no one in order to maintain autonomy and to remain free from any bureaucracies and factions that sometimes form in grassroots campaigns. We are under NO obligation to add info here, nor will Once Fallen be placed in a position to include one site while failing to add a rival website with a different philosophy. The purpose is providing a reference list for those seeking more information or places to get involved. INCLUSION HERE IS DOES NOT IMPLY ANY AGREEMENT OR COOPERATION BETWEEN ONCEFALLEN AND ANY OF THE LISTED ORGANIZATIONS.
SITE LINKS LAST UPDATED — 12 July 2023
SECTION 1: ANTI-REGISTRY ACTIVISM AND SUPPORT GROUPS
If you have given thought to fighting the registry laws, the first thing I advise anyone to do is to educate yourself. This guide is one way to arm yourself for the upcoming struggles you will face upon release. My website (http://www.oncefallen.com/) is a great place to get educated, since I cover a variety of topics on the law and on various myths that are used to justify the laws. If you are new to life as a registrant, I strongly suggest downloading a free copy of Your Life on The List (details on the main page of this website). However, you may want to get involved with activism or find support and current information that I may not always offer (second opinions never hurt, either).
Below are the three largest, nationwide advocacy organizations that are fighting to reform the public registry:
Women Against Registry Family Foundation
8 The Green Suite #8219, Dover DE 19901
Alliance for Constitutional Sex Offense Laws (ACSOL)
2110 K Street, Sacramento CA 95816
National Association for Rational Sex Offense Laws (NARSOL)
PO Box 25423, Raleigh, NC 27611
In addition to these three groups, there are many state-specific groups. Many, but not all, of the groups listed below are affiliated with the National Association for Rational Sex Offense Laws (NARSOL):
Arizona – Arizonans for Rational Sex Offenses Laws
Address: P.O. Box 10551, Phoenix, AZ 85064
Arkansas – Arkansas Time After Time
Address: P.O. Box 11491, Conway, AR 72034
Phone: (501) 444-2828
Colorado – Colorado Advocates for Change
Address: P. O. Box 103392 Denver, CO 80250
Colorado – Coalition for Sexual Offense Restoration (CSOR)
Address: PO Box 20751, Denver, CO 80227
Connecticut – One Standard of Justice
Address: PO Box 461, New Canaan CT. 06840
Florida – Florida Action Committee
Address: 6615 W. Boynton Beach Blvd, #414, Boynton Beach FL 33437
GEORGIA — Restore Georgia
3300 Hamilton Mill Rd Ste 102 #492, Buford, GA 30519
Ph# 678-962-7765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois – Illinois Voices
Address: P.O. Box 523, Dekalb, IL 60115
Maryland – Families Advocating Intelligent Registries
Address: PO Box 8402, Elkridge, MD 21075
Michigan – Coalition for a Useful Registry
Address: 115 W. Allegan, Ste 330, Lansing, MI 48933
Nebraska – Nebraskans Unafraid
PO Box 6705, Omaha, NE 68106
402-403-9250, M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Time
New Hampshire – Citizens for Criminal Justice Reform-NH
Address: PO Box 39212, Concord, NH 03302
New Mexico – Liberty and Justice Coalition
Address: PO Box 36123, Albuquerque NM 87176
North Carolina – NCRSOL
Address: PO Box 25423, Raleigh NC 27611
Oklahoma — OKRSOL
Address: PO Box 1527, Noble OK 73068
Oregon – Oregon Voices
Address: P.O. Box 13175, Salem, OR 97309
Pennsylvania — PARSOL
Address: P.O. Box 399, New Freedom, PA 17349
Texas – Texas Voices for Reason and Justice
Address: PO Box 23539, San Antonio, TX 78223
Vermont – Vermonters for Criminal Justice
Address: PO Box 8753, Burlington VT 05402
Virginia — Safer Virginia
Address: PO Box 4289, Richmond VA 23220
West Virginia – WVRSOL
Address: PO Box 42, Scott Depot WV 25560-0042
Here are more Anti-Registry or support groups you will find useful:
Restorative Action Alliance
282 Katonah Ave, Unit #1017, Katonah NY 10536
About: Restorative Action Alliance, Inc., is passionate about addressing two categories of harm while honoring the humanity of every person and seeking real solutions to make people and communities whole again. Together, we work to address 1) Intimate and gender-based violence, and 2) Ineffective approaches which our criminal legal system utilizes to address sexual harm.
SOSEN [www.sosen.org] –– Sex Offender Solutions and Education Network, contains a non-public forum for support, education, and activism opened to Registrants & their families, as well as a hub for news stories, research and relevant info. (Note: SOSEN is planning to shut down by the end of 2024)
About: CCNCR is dedicated to restoring safety to our communities and rights to registrants by abolishing the registry. We are part of a national movement to end the registry based on 20 years of empirical research, government statistics and peer reviewed studies.
Sex Offenders Restored through Treatment (SORT)
Wayne Bowers, Executive Director
P.O. Box 1022, Norman OK 73070-1022
About: CURE-SORT is a non-profit advocacy membership organization under IRC section 501(c)(3) founded in 1990, is an issue chapter of Citizens United for the Rehabilitation of Errants (National CURE).
About: This site is for family and friends of those incarcerated or who have lost their civil rights through the registry. It offers a place to debunk harmful myths, to reflect, to learn more about the issues at stake.
United Voices 4 Sex Offense Reform (UV4SOR)
526 W. 14th Street, Suite 287, Traverse City, MI 49684
About: UV4SOR is a national organization working to reform and change the life-long stigma and collateral damage that is inherent with charges and convictions of Child Pornography and Sex Offense charges within the Federal and/or State Jurisdictions. We aim to work together toward understanding and affecting changes in the laws, sentences, custody, registries, and rehabilitation for those who have or are facing sex offense charges AND provide help to those impacted, their families, and communities with awareness and education.
Citizens Against Government Entrapment (CAGE)
About: We have been unable to find active groups currently attempting to shed light on illegal “proactive” child sex stings (aka predator sex stings). Families caught in these have nowhere to turn. Law Enforcement know that and use it to create vulnerability in their victims, leading to higher plea rates and longer jail sentences. We are doing this because someone has to fill this void.
Crossroads of Hope Church:
1651 E. 70th Street #221 Shreveport, LA
Ph# 318-302-0223 or Email- email@example.com
About: Restore, heal, and bring hope to families affected by the registry. Addressing collateral damage, saving marriages, restoring families, and bringing hope. Together, we create a supportive environment for healing, understanding, and a brighter future.
SECTION 2: REGISTRANT RESOURCES
TRAVEL AND EMIGRATION ISSUES
Registrant Travel Action Group (RTAG)
About: RTAG focuses on International Travel Issues. Most notably, maintains an International “Travel Matrix” where Registered Persons traveling abroad can report any issues (or no issues) when traveling internationally. If you are a Registrant who traveled out of the USA, you can report your travel issues (or lack thereof) at — https://registranttag.org/travel-experience-report/
Atwo Zee, Registered Traveler
About: Atwo Zee’s blog focuses on travel within the US. He maintains a spreadsheet that covers rules Registered Persons face while visiting a state outside their own.
Just Facts, Not Fear
About: Hosted by ex-pat River Whitsett, who successfully emigrated to Euorope to escape FloriDUH’s oppressive Registry laws, this site contains useful information on international travel and emigration.
GETTING OFF THE REGISTRY
- www.pardon411.com/ — Pardon 411 offers detailed information on obtaining a pardon. To obtain a pardon, you must file for a pardon in the state of your conviction, not the state in which you reside. If you were convicted in federal court, then you must file for a pardon through the federal system. Yes, sex offenders can obtain pardons, though your chances are small. No, pardons do not remove the conviction; however, it can remove you from registration duties.
- Relief for the Registry Chart released by the Collateral Consequences Resource Center: The ccresourcecenter.org website has released a spreadsheet of laws that provide relief from the public sex offender registry. You can download the info by CLICKING HERE.
- www.sexoffenderjobs.com/ — Sex Offender Jobs info and database for employment issues
- eadvocate-community.blogspot.com/2010/11/topic-employment.html — eAdvocate’s “Community Room” employment resource page
LEGAL EAGLES: ATTORNEYS AND ATTORNEY SERVICES
NOTE: This section is mostly for the purpose of assisting those who do their own legal research, but I spot some attorneys that have worked on cases involving the registry. This does not imply anyone listed will take your case, especially if you’re hoping for a pro bono attorney. If you’re seeking a lawyer, reach out to the state BAR Association, Legal Aid, or ACLU to see if they can assist or recommend a good attorney.
- http://mitchellhamline.edu/sex-offense-litigation-policy/ — Hosted by the Mitchell Hamline School of Law (St Paul, MN), this resource center covers case law on various topics on sex offense policy. If you’re doing legal research to fight the registry, it is among the best legal research sites on the Internet.
- http://www.nedbarnett.com/ — Texas Attorneys specializing in sex crime defense
- http://www.nedbarnett.com/resources-dealing-sex-crime-accusations/ — A links page on various groups thatfocus on registered citizens, some of which may not be listed on this page
- http://cantorsexlawyers.com/ — Sex Crime Specialist Attorney David Michael Cantor in Arizona
- https://ohiojpc.org/– The Ohio Justice and Policy Center, a non-profit legal organization that had helped fight sex offense legislation in Ohio
- http://lawyer.laws.com/ — An online attorney referral service
- http://www.pattisblog.com/ — Norm Pattis, Civil Rights Attorney, Connecticut
- http://www.floridasexcrimeattorney.com/blog/ — Blog from FL sex crimes attorney website
LEGAL, RESEARCH, NEWS, AND EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES
The following blogs and websites provide coverage of sex offense news and educational topics. Though some resources may be outdated, much of the resources contained within are still very useful.
- The eAdvocate family of blogs and sites, arguably the best collection of research and legal analyses outside of Once Fallen [Note: eAdvocate passed away in January 2018, so the blogs are no longer updated but still has plenty of useful information]:
- sexoffenderresearch.blogspot.com/ — Eadvocate’s primary blog
- eadvocate-community.blogspot.com/ — Resource page for registrants
- sexoffender-decisions.blogspot.com/ — Sex Offender Court Decisions
- congress-courts-legislation.blogspot.com/ — Congress, Courts, and Legal Decisions
- sexoffender-statistics.blogspot.com/ — Sex Offender Statistics
- sexoffender-reports.blogspot.com/ — Sex Offender Charts, Reports and other papers
- truths-authority-factoids.blogspot.com/ — Truths, Authority and Factoids
- civil-commitment.blogspot.com/ — Civil Commitment
- on-murders.blogspot.com/ — Sex Offenders Murdered (Archives)
- murders-new.blogspot.com/ — Sex Offenders Murdered (Current Years)
- on-suicides-deaths.blogspot.com/ — Suicides and other deaths
- deaths-of-others.blogspot.com/ — Deaths of non-registrants by vigilantes
- on-vigilantism.blogspot.com/ — Vigilante Violence Blog
- http://solresearch.org/ — A research site containing many valuable research articles on sex offenders
- https://fightawa.org/ — Dedicated to preserving the right of citizens to sponsor their spouse or fiancé into the U.S.
- https://zenlawguy.com/ — Better known as the “Zen Law Guy,” Dale Chappell has been a trusted source on federal criminal law for more than a decade. The author of hundreds of published articles and several books on criminal law, Chappell leaves no stone unturned in his research, presenting the information in a way that makes sense. Nothing complicated. No fluff. Just information you can use.
WEBSITES ADDRESSING FALSE ALLEGATIONS
40 Worth Street, Suite 701, New York, NY 10013
Ph# 212-364-5340 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About: The Innocence Project is a national litigation and public policy organization dedicated to exonerating wrongfully convicted people through DNA testing and reforming the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice.
The Innocence Network
About: The Innocence Network is an coalition of organizations dedicated to providing pro bono legal and investigative services to individuals seeking to prove innocence of crimes for which they have been convicted, working to redress the causes of wrongful convictions, and supporting the exonerated after they are freed.
VICTIM SUPPORT AND RATIONAL ADVOCACY GROUPS
Zero Abuse Project Headquarters
366 Jackson Street, Suite 300, St. Paul MN 55101
Ph# 651-714-4673 or Email: email@example.com
Jacob Wetterling Resource Center: 800-325-HOPE(4673)
About: Now partnered with the Zero Abuse Project, the The Jacob Wetterling Resource Center (JWRC) was founded to educate and assist families and communities to address and prevent the exploitation of children. They continue to work to end all forms of child maltreatment through education, training and prevention while advocating for and serving children, adult survivors and communities.
A short list of Faith-Based recovery services can be found at — https://www.christianrecovery.com/
TREATMENT FOR SEXUAL ADDICTIONS AND OFFENDING
NOTE: Circles of Support and Accountability (CoSA) are groups of volunteers with professional supervision to support sex offenders as they reintegrate into society after their release from incarceration. While not every state has a CoSA group, some states like California and Vermont utilize this approach. For more information on CoSA and how you might get involved with a CoSA group, check out this guide — https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/smart/grants/305149.pdf
Safer Society Foundation
P.O. Box 340, Brandon, VT 05733-0340
Ph# 802-247-3132 or Fax: 802-247-4233
About: The Safer Society is a treasure trove of resources for treatment, including a large bookstore (Safer Society Press) and a list of ATSA-approved treatment providers.
Stop It Now!
351 Pleasant Street, Suite B-319, Northampton, MA 01060
Helpline: 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368)
Ph#: 413-587-3500 (non-Helpline related inquiries only)
About: We provide support, information and resources to keep children safe and create healthier communities. Since 1992, we have identified, refined and shared effective ways for individuals, families and communities to act to prevent child sexual abuse before children are harmed – and to get help for everyone involved.
P.O. Box 1754, Westminster, MD 21158
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Inquiries: email@example.com
MAP Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
About: B4U-Act focuses on treatment for those who have a sexual attraction to minors
Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)
ISO OF SAA, PO BOX 70949, HOUSTON, TX 77270 USA
Ph# 713-869-4902 or Email: email@example.com
About: As a fellowship of recovering addicts, Sex Addicts Anonymous offers a message of hope to anyone who suffers from sex addiction.
About: Virtuous Pedophiles is a support and treatment network for those clinically diagnosed as pedophiles or identify as a Minor Attracted Persons (MAPs), They also offer treatment referral resources.
NewPath Mental Health Services
8401 Wayzata Blvd., Suite 340, Golden Valley, MN 55426
Ph# 763-566-0088 orEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About: NewPath Mental Health Services (previously known as Christian Recovery Counseling) has been faith-based non-profit community mental health clinic serving the needs of clients in the Twin Cities metropolitan area and, thanks to teletherapy, able to serve clients throughout Minnesota.
RELIGIOUS WEBSITES FOR SEXUAL ADDICTIONS/ OFFENDERS IN CHURCH
Pure Life Ministries
14 School St., Dry Ridge, KY 41035
About: Pure Life Ministries has been a pioneer in dealing with sexual addiction and its consequences for over 35 years. They have Christian books dealing with sexual addictions.
9805 NE 116th St., PMB 7412, Kirkland WA 98034
About: A Christian recovery and counseling ministry for sexual brokenness.
New Life Partners, Inc.
PO Box 551, Eveleth MN 55734
About: We are a Christian online resource and support group for women whose lives have been impacted by loved ones caught in the web of pornography and/or sexual addiction.
Faithful & True
2931 Loran Drive E., Jacksonville FL 32216
Ph# 904-443-0246 or Email: email@example.com
About: Faithful and True of Jacksonville, Inc. will be seen as a support group and donor- centric resource ministry, by providing Churches, families and individuals the tools needed to combat sexual sin in the home and in their community.
SECTION 4: OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST
GENERAL REENTRY AND ACTIVISM TOOLS
- www.lac.org/toolkits/Introduction.htm: Advocacy Toolkits to Combat Barriers Facing Individuals with Criminal Records
- www.oaronline.org — Offender Aid and Restoration
- ctb.ku.edu/en/table-of-contents — Kansas University’s “Community Toolbox,” a treasure trove of information on organizing an activist movement. Of critical importance are Chapter 10 and 30-35.
PERSONAL BLOGS AND SOCIAL COMMENTARIES
[NOTE: These are mainly personal story sites. Blogs and personal sites may not be updated often the stories are still valuable and thus are kept here so long as the link remains valid]
- http://govmisconduct.com/ — Joseph Dickey, falsely accused, current Federal Prisoner
- https://thegregorymarcinskiproject.org/ — Gregory Marcinski, Federal Prisoner
- hopeforalovedone.weebly.com/ — Focusing on Florida’s sex offender laws and prison
- kf4nph.blogspot.com/ — How a two dollar fine landed a man on the sex offender registry
- monstermartorg.blogspot.com/ — A great blog for another brave Former Offender
- chriskrych.blogspot.com/ — Blog from Chris Krych, prisoner of Minnesota’s civil commitment center
- americanfederationofregistrants.blogspot.com/ — New blog arguing registration is labor
- handbasketnotes.blogspot.com/ — Notes from the Handbasket, written by the wife of a man accused of CP possession
- thesestonewalls.com/ — These Stone Walls: Musings from Prison of a priest falsely accused
- floridascandal.blogspot.com/ — Focus of this blog is Internet entrapment stings in Florida
- humantraffickingstatistics.wordpress.com/ — The Human Trafficking Panic
- freebaran.org/ — The story of Bernard Baran, the first man falsely convicted in the Fells Acre satanic panics.
- https://coalingawhistleblowers.blogspot.com/— Blog dedicated to exposing the corrupt practices at the Coalinga Civil Commitment Center in CA