QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? BROKEN LINKS? DID I MISS SOMETHING? NEEDING TO LOCATE A STUDY? WANT ME TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT? CONTACT ME
LAST UPDATE: 3/10/2023
Contact: Derek W. Logue of OnceFallen.com
BEFORE CONTACTING ME, please read the main page of this website as well as the disclaimers below. Many people who contact me can find their answers simply by reading the instructions I have typed out for you.
FOR THOSE REACHING OUT TO ME FOR HOUSING LEADS: I AM NOT A HOUSING PROVIDER NOR DO I SEARCH FOR HOUSING FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR HOUSING, PLEASE GO TO THE HOUSING LISTS ON THIS WEBSITE. I LIST EACH STATE ALPHABETICALLY. MOST OF MY CALLS ARE FROM THOSE WHO DO NOT BOTHER TO READ OR LOOK FOR ANYTHING BEFORE CALLING ME, AND I WILL SIMPLY TELL YOU TO GO TO MY HOUSING PAGES.
PLEASE NOTE! If you are contacting me for specific info (such as addresses for contact info), email is the best method for contacting me. Please see below for what I can and cannot help you with.
For all email inquiries, media requests (see rules for media inquiries below) and CorrLinks emails (an inmate email system) (I do not use JPay or any other correctional email except Corrlinks, and I do not have ANY online services for accepting donations):
Below is my CELL PHONE, you can CALL or TEXT anytime, but I prefer afternoon/ evening calls. Don’t be afraid to leave a message. I DO NOT answer “blocked’ or “unknown” numbers. And since this is both a personal and business number, don’t expect me to answer the phone in a businesslike fashion. If you receive my voice mail, then speak clearly, giving a first name, number, and best time to call back, and a brief description of your needs.
CONTACT BY MAIL
If you have an inquiry by postal mail, then you can write to the following address. If sending donations by mail, make checks/MO out to Derek Logue, NOT to OnceFallen:
2211 County Road 400
Tobias, NE 68453
If you want, you can shorten “County Road” to “Co. Rd.” or even “CR” and it will still get here. OnceFallen is always in need of postage stamps and money for operations. Unfortunately I cannot accept any form of online donation methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Justice Studies, Athens State University, 1999 (cum laude)
- Over a decade and a half of experience in analysis and activism for reforming America’s sex offender laws
- Over seventy major media appearances including CNN, HLN and Russia Today
- Hosting this website since December 2007, now a premier site for exposing sex offender myths
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES
I have made many media appearances over the years and am readily available for any public speaking experiences. I am willing to be interviewed and I am very good at finding specific information and oftentimes, I’ve been able to assist journalists in finding studies or other relevant information. I do have a few requirements should I participate in a media interview:
- I ask that my name as well as my website (Derek W. Logue, founder of the Registered Citizen Advocacy site www. oncefallen.com) are mentioned in the article but I prefer you leave out details of my offense;
- I despise the “P” words (pervert/ predator/ pedophile) or any related derogatory term. My preferred terms are “Registered Citizen” and “Former Offender,” because most of us never re-offend. “Convicted pedophile” is the absolutely worst term to use because it is not only extremely offensive, but it is also a fact that one CANNOT be convicted of having a clinical diagnosis of pedophilia. I will treat you with the same level of respect and dignity as you give me. If you disrespect me, I will disrespect you.
- I also prefer the focus be on my activism and knowledge on the sex offender topic, not on my past. I am not going to discuss the details of the events that led to my life on the registry.
- If you are a print media, please be kind and send the clipping of the article in the paper. I like framing my newspaper appearances. I don’t mind paying shipping/ handling.
FOR NON-MEDIA INQUIRIES, PLEASE READ THIS! IMPORTANT!
Below are the services Once Fallen offers and does not offer. Please understand Once Fallen is a one-man operation with limited resources. I’m not a miracle worker but I am willing to assist anyone seeking information on a variety of sex offender-related issues. Over the years, I have offered assistance to attorneys, journalists, researchers, college students writing term papers/ dissertations, and even citizens concerned about “sex offenders in their communities” come to a better understanding of sex offender laws.
Etiquette: If you want quality service from me, please call me in the evening (I’m almost always home evenings), and be sure you call sober. I can’t stand drunks so if I suspect you are drinking, I’ll hang up on you.
SERVICES ONCE FALLEN OFFERS
- General Questions about sex offender laws, such as residency restrictions, Megan’s Law, the AWA, etc.
- Assistance/ referrals in connecting Registered Citizens in finding available resources, when available, such as finding support groups, living resources or state advocate groups.
- Assistance with certain writing projects, such as college term papers, news articles, or legislation analysis
- Willing to be called as an expert witness, conduct a presentation in person, or simply take phone calls from those interested in this subject (be warned, I can talk your ears off on this subject and I’m not afraid to call people out on nonsense)
- Prison Outreach: The ICoN (newsletter for Corrlinks users) and answering inmate letters
SERVICES ONCE FALLEN DOES NOT OFFER
- Financial aid: Once Fallen is a one-man operation with a shoestring budget. I do accept donations, however.
- Legal representation: I don’t handle appeals nor give sound advice on legal defense if you face a sex crime charge. Simply Google “sex crime attorney [your state]“ to find a sex crime defense specialist.
- For Prison Outreach: Topics not related to sex offender laws, such as people finding/ penpal services, appeals research or sentencing policy issues
If you wish to book me to speak at your event, I am available to travel granted you are willing to give me a two or three week advance notice due to my registration requirements (in order to keep with legal guidelines under which I am forced to register). Contact me to discuss expenses. I can’t travel for free but I’m not high maintenance, either, so I am used to traveling on a budget.
I am also available for Zoom or Skype conferences. I never charge for anything I do, but if you want to donate or tip me, I’m fine with that, too.
USE OF ONCE FALLEN MATERIALS
I get a lot of questions about using Once Fallen articles. My policy is somewhat relaxed compared to commercial media. I allow reproductions of entire pages of Once Fallen articles on blogs and websites for educational and non-commercial purposes provided you properly label the article as written by Derek W. Logue of www.oncefallen.com, you also link to the original article and encourage visits to my website as well. Don’t try passing my material off as your original work. They are a labor of love (mostly labor) and I don’t get paid for this, so all I ask is due credit for source material.
Examples of free use: Citing Once Fallen in a report, term paper, or news article; printing out complete articles to send to legislators or inmates; Linking to a page on my website from your website/blog/social media page; sharing info on my site on your site (if you want to share a whole page, I ask you instead make a “preview’ and direct folks to the actual page at Once Fallen, as many web pages are updated regularly); and embedding Once Fallen Youtube videos onto your website/blog/social media page.
Contact me for use of my material for commercial use (i.e., Complete articles printed in newsletters or articles for a public business or news website/blog/ social media account for for-profit businesses; obviously citing part of an article for commercial ventures is fair use and is encouraged).
It is always a good idea to review the “Fair Use Doctrine.”
Those who use my contact info for illicit purposes will be dealt with according to the law. I don’t play with people intent on harassing, intimidating, or threatening me or anyone else who have paid their debts to society. Consider yourself warned. I am also very good at tracking down harassers and exposing them on one of my side projects, Absolute Zero Unites.