WELCOME TO WWW.ONCEFALLEN.COM! 13+ YEARS OF OFFERING RESOURCES & ACTIVISM FOR REGISTERED PERSONS (SITE UPDATED 04/22/2021)
If you or someone you love is forced to register on America’s public Sex Offense Registry and you are seeking answers, support, or want to fight back against the registry, you are in the right place. Please read the announcements and instructions for this site or use the dropdown menus on the header corresponding to your subject of interest. You can also use the search to search anything on this site.
"YOUR LIFE ON THE LIST: 2020 EDITION", A REGISTRY SURVIVAL GUIDE, NOW AVAILABLE AS A FREE PDF AND FOR SALE ON AMAZON.COM
Printed copies can be ordered from Amazon.com for $12.95
Note: because Amazon.com prints on demand, some books in circulation may differ from books bought later, as the book is a “living document,” meaning it is constantly edited as new info and fact checks are constantly made. For a list of all major changes (i.e., changes to content, not merely minor grammar/ typo fixes), click the button above on the right.
“Your Life on ‘The List’” is a survival guide for individuals facing inclusion on the public “sex offender” registry. This guide provides an overview of common laws Registered Persons may face after conviction/ release from incarceration. This guide also provides useful information on finding housing, employment, travel issues, legal rights, and other advice and resources specific to Registered Persons. This guide also contains a list of transitional housing programs and a comprehensive overview of the sex offense registry laws of all 50 state and US Territories; the legal overview covers the registry, residency/ presence restriction laws, community notification, relief from the registry, parental rights, and other laws applicable to Registered Persons (complete with legal statute numbers). Your Life on “The List” is an indispensable tool for newly registered or soon-to-be registered persons. This book is available for free as a PDF at OnceFallen.com. This guide was created primarily for prisoners and those on probation/ parole/ supervised release who are not allowed Internet access. However, those interested in the myriad of laws a Registered Person must endure will also find value in this book.
Founded on 5 December 2007, Once Fallen has been a leading reference & resource site for Registered Citizens (i.e., those convicted of registrable sex offenses) and provide useful information to those seeking to reform or abolish the myriad of excessive sex offense laws, from the public registry to residency restrictions and beyond. Once Fallen answers hundreds of phone calls and letters, visits with legislators, assists registrants in connecting to available resources and support networks, and provides analysis research on sex offender laws FREE of charge.
This FREE and INDEPENDENT resource site is NOT funded by ANY other organizations or grants, NOR DO I EVER, NOR WILL I EVER, CHARGE FOR MY SERVICES OR ASSISTANCE. Donations, however, are always needed to keep this important service going.
Once Fallen operating expenses include website fees, costs related to prisoner outreach (stamps, paper, etc.), connectivity through phone and online (answering emails, letters, and calls from Registered Persons, loved ones, the media, college students seeking research, and legal professionals), and on the occasional public awareness event. Your donations help OnceFallen continue to offer this website, the prisoner outreach and the other awareness campaigns available. OnceFallen is run by one person so maintaining a site this large is a monumental effort.
DONATING TO/ SUPPORTING ONCEFALLEN.COM
- I accept PayPal donations to email@example.com (or clicking the “Make a Donation” Button above, but it is better to send me a PayPal donation through the PayPal site under “friends and family” to avoid fees).
- You can also support this website by buying something off the OnceFallen AMAZON.COM WISHLIST. (For those not familiar with how that works, if you order something off my list, it is shipped to me from Amazon. Be sure to buy through Amazon Smile so your purchases help other charities. My Amazon Smile Charity of choice is Women Against Registry.)
- You can send a check, Money Order, Postage Stamps, or Cash payable to Derek Logue, 2211 County Road 400, Tobias, NE 68453. DO NOT make checks/ MOs out to OnceFallen because I cannot cash them.
ONCE FALLEN MISSION STATEMENT, DISCLAIMERS, AND CONTENT USE POLICIES
MISSION: The purpose of Once is providing an honest education on the truth about sex offender laws and issues, and offering some support services and guidance to those seeking to reform America’s sex offense laws. Once Fallen is not a legal referral service, nor can we provide legal advice on sex crime defense or appealing convictions, and any advice given is a solitary opinion based upon the personal experiences and conclusions made by the owner of this site.
The ARM/ Once Fallen DISCLAIMER: The Anti-Registry Movement does not promote sexual abuse of any kind, nor we do not work to lower/ abolish age of consent laws; we DO NOT affiliate, support, or align ourselves active members of such groups like NAMBLA or “Boychat/ Girlchat” sites; we do, however, support positive treatment and support for those who offended so that they may live productive and offense free lives. We support evidence-based (PROVEN) methods of prevention, education and treatment. We believe the public registry, residency restrictions, community notification, registry fees, GPS monitoring, and other post-release sanctions are NOT evidence-based and are ineffective as methods to achieving an offense-free society. Thus, we will publicly oppose these oppressive sanctions until these sanctions are fully abolished. [CLICK HERE for a further explanation on what it mean to be an anti- registry activist.]
We do not believe every person claiming to be a registry reform activist is indeed worthy of our support. Once Fallen condemns the following for making numerous FALSE ALLEGATIONS against our site — Michael McKay from Registry Report and Lifetimes Magazine, Dwayne Daughtry from NCRSOL.ORG, TNF_13 (a self-professed pedophile activist), Lori Hamilton of Oklahoma Voices, and former Virginia area activist Mary Davye Devoy. OnceFallen stands by every statement made on this site and does not support, endorse or tolerate individuals or groups that spread misinformation, lies and false claims regarding fellow activists.
Mentions are not endorsements: Mentions of other organizations here do not imply any kind of cooperation or agreement between us and are listed for informative purposes only. See my CONTACT ME page for detailed info about this site and to contact the webmaster.
OnceFallen Info is FREE to use for NON-COMMERCIAL and FAIR USE ONLY: The information provided at this site is free to the public for informational and educational (non-commercial) purposes. If you intend to use anything from this website for non-commercial purposes, such as copying a page to hand to a legislator or an inmate, or for school research projects, then this falls under “fair use” and you don’t need my permission. Commercial ventures, such as for-profit businesses or competing websites, must obtain my permission to use any info provided here. Generally I only ask you link to my website and credit me for my work (Derek W. Logue of Once Fallen.com). Any opinions expressed here are my own. Links to other websites do not imply any degree of mutual endorsement or support between ONCE FALLEN and any other website and are merely here for educational and informative purposes.
SERVICES PROVIDED: OnceFallen engages in a variety of projects:
- The OnceFallen.com website: This website is our primary service.
- Prisoner Outreach: OnceFallen has offered the Informational Corrlinks Newsletter (ICoN) since 2015. In addition, OnceFallen answers prisoner letters and prints out some reference materials upon request.
- Answering inquiries: Every year, OnceFallen answers hundreds of questions by phone, text, email, and postal letter. Most questions involve housing, understanding the laws, or finding local resources. Occasionally, I’ve assisted with media inquiries, college research papers, videos, and helping legal professionals better understand potential arguments against these laws.
- The Annual Shiitake Awards: The Shiitake Awards is a special project that spotlights the absurdity of Predator Panic and America’s obsession with passing tougher sex offense laws. Throughout the year, nominees are listed on the Shiitake-Worthy Blog and at the end of each year, a selection committee picks out three finalists from each category. The general public is invited to vote every January, and results are posted on this website around February.
- Other projects: OnceFallen engages in a variety of public awareness campaigns, including public demonstrations. We would be open to speaking events or helping with larger projects upon request. If you’d like OnceFallen’s assistance, feel free to CONTACT ME.
SERVICES NOT PROVIDED: OnceFallen is NOT a licensed attorney, and the information provided is NOT considered legal advice, nor do we offer any kind of attorney services, appeals/ sentencing policy information, or any service that is unrelated to understanding sex offender laws. This is primarily a reference site for activists fighting the public registries as a whole rather than on helping individuals fight sex crime charges. Any advice I give you should be treated as one man’s opinion and I always encourage people to seek multiple opinions on legal questions, preferably from attorneys who specialize in sex offense laws.V
HOW TO NAVIGATE THIS WEBSITE
(PLEASE READ THIS SECTION BEFORE CONTACTING ME)
OnceFallen.com provides offers webpages on resources for Registered Persons and various articles covering a variety of topics of the sex offense legal issue, including legislation summaries and myths justifying sex offense legislation. There is also an FAQ PAGE for the most common questions you may have.
The categories are as follows:
- GUIDES FOR EVERYDAY NEEDS: Fact guides to help registrants with common needs, including an FAQ, finding resources, travel issues, becoming an activist, handling police checks, or dealing with harassment.
- HOUSING LIST AND LEGAL ISSUES: A list of available housing across America and articles on obtaining housing as well as common housing-related legal issues a Registered Person may face, such as emergeny shelter issues, nursing homes, and residency restriction laws.
- REGISTRY/SORNA & ADAM WALSH ACT: A series on Sex Offense Registry & Notification, including the federal Adam Walsh Act (AWA) and other registry-specific issues like costs and fees.
- TREATMENT ISSUES & CIVIL COMMITMENT: Covering both positive and negative treatment topics including civil commitment, polygraphs, and extreme treatment measures.
- RESEARCH PAPERS ON SEX OFFENSE LAWS: Articles covering a variety of sex offense legal topics — church attendance issues, false allegations, definitions, quotes, Parental Rights, Int’l Megan’s Law, Internet laws, and State ID card issues.
- SEX OFFENSE MYTHS RESEARCH PAPERS: Covering various myths used to justify sex offense legislation, including recidivism myths, underreporting, misssing registrants, stranger danger, and the faulty belief the registry is an effective tool for sexual abuse prevention.
- ONCE FALLEN’S SURVEYS: Research Survey Reports specifically conducted by OnceFallen.com, covering jobs and welfare, housing, police checks, and disaster prepping.
- SEX OFFENSE HISTORY SERIES: A series of articles covering history of sex offense laws and commentaries on the growing sex offense legal reform movement.
- CURRENT EVENTS AND COMMENTARIES: A few personal editorials on various sex offense topics, including the ever-popular “You Might Be a Sex Offender If” page.
- SHIITAKE AWARDS BY ONCEFALLEN: The Shiitake Awards is a parody award project that spotlights stories of people exploiting Predator Panic and sex offense laws for personal gain.
- ONCE FALLEN SITE LINKS: My contact page, bio, book sales, site updates, and mission statement
On your left is a list of fact guides on a variety of sex offender laws and topics. Every fact guide has been researched thoroughly and every effort has been made to provide up-to-date and accurate information. Once Fallen is dedicated to providing the best available information. If you find any grammatical or spelling errors, research errors, or have suggestions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking to become an activist, I suggest reading my GET ACTIVE page. If you are looking for information not covered by my fact guides, looking to join other activist sites, or to see if there are state-specific resources for your area, visit my OTHER ANTI-REGISTRY SITE LINKS page
FOR MORE R.S.O. INFORMATION, ACTIVISM, AND SUPPORT
For media inquiries or to contact me, visit my CONTACT ME page. To join the fight, visit my GET ACTIVE page. See also my SITES/LINKS PAGE for other support and advocacy sites & related resources. I always strongly suggest anyone looking for a private online support group for registered persons and their loved ones to sign up for the forums at www.sosen.org as they have a great forum for sharing information and offering support to fellow registrants.
EXTERNAL REGISTRANT RESOURCES
(Important resources offered by other sites):
Sex Offense Litigation and Policy Resource Center: Hosted by the Mitchell Hamline School of Law (St Paul, MN), this resource center covers case law on various topics on sex offense policy. If you’re doing legal research to fight the registry, it is among the best legal research sites on the Internet. https://mitchellhamline.edu/sex-offense-litigation-policy/
Relief for the Registry Chart released by the Collateral Consequences Resource Center: The ccresourcecenter.org website has released a spreadsheet of laws that provide relief from the public sex offender registry. You can download the info by clicking below. The CCRC also has other spreadsheets and resources including a guide on restoring certain rights like voting, firearms, jury duty, and public office.
NCSL Database of Passed Laws: The National Council of State Legislatures (NCSL) has a database of all sex offender legal enhancements (i.e., laws passed that increase sex offenders laws) from 2008 to the current sessions.
RTAG Travel Matrix: The Registrant Travel Action Group (RTAG) has created a “Travel Matrix” in an attempt to aid registrants planning international travel.
MODIFIED ACSOL 50 STATE/ US TERRITORY VISITOR’S/ TEMPORARY RESIDENCE GUIDE: The Alliance for Consitutional Sex Offense Laws had created a 50 state spreadsheet but the info had not been updated in two years, and some claimed it was insufficient. In November 2020, “Atwo Zee” updated the data and OnceFallen added registry fees and AWA compliance notes. The result is a more helpful spreadsheet. You can get this improved guide, last updated 11/10/2020 below. In addition, Atwo Zee made a color coded US Map with travel data for easy reference (PDF download below)
2020 Juveniles on the Registry Report: A November 2020 report by the Juvenile Law Center covers juvenile sex offense laws for all 50 states.